Senior backend developer
Are you a Software Engineer with extensive programming experience?
Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and building something awesome? If so, let’s talk!
We’re not looking for stack experts. We’re looking for smart people who can bring in the best tools and processes to get the job done.
You will work on a day-to-day basis with our product team to design, architect and implement our product. Alvarium is a next-generation platform to take the pain out of managing people in organitzations. Discover our stack bellow.
We’re a tech company creating multiple interconnected microservices (SOA) to give our clients exactly what they need.
To do so, we’re actively working on these parts, separatedly, using the following concepts, technologies and languages:
Common to all our stacks
- Git (gitlab & github)
Techs used on our backend services.
- Mostly PHP
- API-Platform for our REST APIs
- SQL & NoSQL
- Testing with Behat & PHPUnit
Techs used in our infrastructure
- Kong & Konga
- Google Cloud Platform and Amazon AWS
As Senior Software Engineer, this position involves:
- System architecture design, implementation, and testing.
- Create high quality backend REST APIs / code.
- Keep code easy to maintain not only by you, but by others at Alvarium.io.
- Take initiative in improving the software in small or large ways to address pain points in your own experience as a developer.
- Integrations between our product to 3rd party APIs.
- Work in an Agile environment with strong attention to a well-documented code, unit testing, and continuous integration.
- Being able to mentor, coach, and train other colleagues as a domain expert.
Required skills and experience:
- “Product Engineering” mindset.
- Extensive experience in similar roles building technically complex products in any web programming language.
- Expert level at server-side, client-side or full stack development. Your final role within the team will depend on your skills.
- Experience writing highly efficient asynchronous code.
- Obsession for quality and testing.
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Strong PHP experience.
- Strong REST experience.
- Experience with in-production Symfony/API-Platform apps.
- Security knowledge.
Bonus points for:
- DevOps experience.
- Experience working with high-performing, Agile development teams.
- People who like to build stuff (we really like people who maintain/contribute to open source projects).
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- “Flexible compensation plan” to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Free Spanish classes.
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools.
I must explain to you
Alvarium does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.